The statistics show that most companies continue to use Excel for their planning, reporting and consolidation related processes. While some companies use the limited features available in their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) package, or a set of dedicated – yet unconnected – applications for each purpose, a growing number of fortunate companies have a dedicated Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), often referred to as Corporate Performance Management (CPM) or even Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), technology solution in place to help them better manage these processes.
Most would believe that those in the last group have arrived at FP&A nirvana. Surprisingly, I’ve been involved in a number of FP&A technology solution implementations across all of the above groups. What I have found particularly interesting is that many are replacing large, complicated FP&A technology solutions with something that their FP&A and/or Finance team can manage without extensive reliance on the IT Department or outside consultants. In the modern age of ‘apps’ and ‘do-it-yourself’, competent financial professionals are demanding solutions that are comprehensive, intuitive and real-time. Ultimately, no matter what your company uses to tackle these processes, if it is not perceived as an easy to use, time saving and collaborative tool, people stop using it; sometimes altogether. In short, my question is:
Do you FP&A Happy?
That’s where FP&A It Forward comes in. Our mission is:
To impact lives by improving the planning and performance management experience for FP&A professionals and the teams they collaborate with.
When you work with FP&A It Forward, you can count on working with an experienced FP&A consultant with 10+ years working with FP&A solutions (starting from Microsoft FRx/MR and Forecaster through to Prophix, Adaptive Insights and BI360), who has been involved in over 40 full FP&A technology solution implementations.
At present, FP&A It Forward offers the following services:
- Independent Adaptive Insights Implementation
- Independent Adaptive Insights Trial Success
Why engage an FP&A It Forward consultant?
- Experience – As noted above, our Principal Consultant is one of the most seasoned FP&A implementation experts in the marketplace with experience on multiple FP&A technology solutions, including Adaptive Insights and Prophix.
- Certifications – Our Principal Consultant holds certifications on multiple platforms. When it comes to Adaptive Insights, our Principal Consultant holds all four available certifications, making him an Adaptive Insights ‘unicorn’ of sorts. You can read more about it here:
- Value – You can expect a competitive market rate from FP&A It Forward, but what sets us apart is our personalized dedication to your company’s FP&A technology implementation success. You can expect a value based project delivery format where projects are delivered on-time and on-budget without the risks.
For more information, connect with me on LinkedIn and/or send me a message. I’d love to hear from you and discuss how FP&A It Forward can help you and your organization impact lives through improved planning and performance management solutions.